Financial guarantee (student sponsorship)
A financial guarantee form (prise en charge annexe 32 - tenlasteneming bijlage 32) is to be signed by a (prospective) student’s sponsor in the framework of a D-type (long stay) student visa application, in order to guarantee payment of travel, living as well as educational, medical and repatriation expenses of the student. You can find the minimum necessary income to be a sponsor on the website of the Immigration Office.
This form needs to be completed in the language of the city where the student will register:
For your convenience, you can find bilingual versions of the form hereunder. However do not fill them out as these forms will not be accepted in lieu of the single language version.
Sponsors legally residing in the United Kingdom can only submit the financial guarantee form by post. The following supporting documents should be submitted as proof of identity and solvency. Failing to do so will result in a refusal to approve the financial guarantee form.
- Dated and signed financial guarantee form (!! only French or Dutch form !!)
- Add manually the mention ‘read and approved’ in the language of the form
- in French: ‘lu et approuvé’
- in Dutch: ‘gelezen en goedgekeurd’
- Do not have your signature on the financial guarantee form legalised by a solicitor, notary public or honorary consul
- Proof of identity of the sponsor: copy of valid passport witnessed by a UK registered solicitor or notary public and a copy of valid visa/residence permit.
- Signed and dated letter containing the following information:
- sponsor's address, telephone number and e-mail address
- number and names of person(s) already financially dependent upon the sponsor (partner, children, ...)
- explanation on the link with the student (family, friend, ...?)
- Proof of identity of the student: copy of valid passport + copy of valid residence card if already in Belgium
- An acceptance letter or proof of registration from the school that the student will be attending in Belgium + grades of the previous year if already in Belgium
- If you are employed: most recent P60 form + pay slips covering the last 3 months + letter of employer stating type and length of contract (issued in the last 6 months)
- If you are self-employed: latest tax return or self-assessment return + copy of company registration at Company House + letter from your accountant stating your monthly net income
- Bank statements in the sponsor's name covering the last 3 months
- Include a pre-paid special delivery envelope so we can return the legalised financial guarantee form to you.
- Include signature legalisation fee of 18 GBP to be paid by postal order made out to the Embassy of Belgium.
We reserve the right to ask additional documents if deemed necessary.
SEND BY POST ONLY to:
17 Grosvenor Crescent
London SW1X 7EE
IMPORTANT: We do not return the documents submitted and we do not make copies. Please make sure that you only sent copies.