Home News Vacancy - PA to the Ambassador (1-year contract)
Vacancy - PA to the Ambassador (1-year contract)
Date:09 February 2018
The Embassy of Belgium in London is seeking to recruit a PA to the Ambassador on a 1-year contract.
- Managing the Ambassador’s agenda.
- Arranging external and internal meetings.
- Arranging the Ambassador’s official travel within UK and abroad and dealing with the local governments and the business community.
- Organising Belgian Ministerial visits to London at the highest level (e.g. Prime Minister of Belgium, the Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs) in cooperation with their offices in Brussels. This includes setting up meetings with relevant organisations in London (i.e. Foreign Commonwealth Offices) as well as organising the practicalities of such visits.
- Diary management, organising seminars and meetings at the Ambassador’s Residence.
- Organising receptions, lunches, dinners and informing the Ambassador’s Residence staff regarding these events.
- Coordinating the chauffeurs’ schedules.
- Maintaining an effective filing system.
- Ad hoc administrative and secretarial duties.
- Excellent organiser, practical mind.
- Fluent in English (oral and written), good knowledge of French and Dutch.
- Friendly but persuasive personality.
- Team player.
- Flexibility concerning working hours (e.g. during a ministerial visit or a major event at the Ambassador’s Residence).
- Starting date: 01/05/2018
- 1 year contract
Please apply by sending your motivation letter and CV to:
Embassy of Belgium
17 Grosvenor Crescent
SW1X 7 EE
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd of February 2018.