Home News Closure of Visa Application Centres
Closure of Visa Application Centres
Date:18 March 2020
Closure of Visa Application Centers for Belgium in the UK
Upon instruction of the Belgian Embassy in London, starting from March 18 Visa Application Centers for Belgium in UK (London, Edinburgh and Manchester) are closed to the public and will not receive any applications until further notice.
- Wishing to reschedule appointments to a future date: We suggest you wait for further news on reopening time of the center to book a new appointment.
- Wishing to cancel an appointment without knowing a new date: If you don’t attend your appointment, your online registration will be automatically deleted. You will need to go through a complete new registration in order to get another appointment with a new reference number.
For such a temporary travel restriction to have the desired effect in terms of restricting the spread of the virus, exceptions need to be limited to travel for essential purposes only. The temporary travel restriction should apply for 30 days.
Exemption from temporary travel restriction:
1. Nationals of all EU Member States and Schengen Associated States, for the purposes of returning to their homes in Belgium.
2. Other travelers with an essential function or need, including:
- Healthcare professionals, health researchers, and elderly care professionals;
- Transport personnel engaged in haulage of goods and other transport staff to the extent necessary;
- Diplomats, staff of international organisations, military personnel and humanitarian aid workers in the exercise of their functions;
- Passengers travelling for imperative family reasons;
Applicants belonging to the exceptions listed above wishing to apply should send an e-mail to London.Visa@diplobel.fed.be .
Normal visa applications excluding the above-mentioned exceptional cases can no longer be received. We deeply regret any inconvenience this closure may cause you. Thank you for your understanding.
Call centre: +44 207 605 6744 - available from Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Please have your TLScontact reference number or passport number ready prior to speaking with one of our representatives. This can be found on your appointment booking confirmation.