COMMERCIAL AND TRADE COLLABORATOR (M/F/X)
FOR HUB.BRUSSELS, LONDON
The commercial and trade collaborator will support hub.brussels and the economic and trade counsellor in London, principally in the following activities:
- Assist Brussels’ companies in their internationalisation efforts to the UK market, provide them with tailor-made information about the local market situation (legal, customs, trade, economic, lists of local companies and contacts, etc.; assist in the preparation of business visits of Brussels companies and delegation to the UK; assist in and prepare matchmakings with local enterprises, etc…
- Assist in proactive prospection of the UK market and its key stake holders
- Assist in maintaining and expanding a professional network in the UK and Belgium
- Assist in the promotional activities and actions of hub.brussels and the Brussels Capital Region (events, trade fairs, economic missions, actions, etc…)
- Assist in day-to-day office and administrative management (translations, maintenance of databases, drafting of reports and studies; archiving, reception, mails, etc…)
Competences and Profile
(requirements in bold are considered to be most important)
- Bachelor’s degree (Minimum)
- Excellent working language of English. French and Dutch are a plus.
- Holder of a UK residency permit for the period of employment
- Practical knowledge of international trade and Belgium’s and the UK’s economic ecosystem
- Insight in Belgian regionalisation and its competences are a plus
- Commercial attitude: hands-on, flexible, client-oriented, proactive, stress-resistant, dynamic
- Independent yet collaborative attitude (e.g., working in team, coordinating with different federal and federated Belgian entities, etc…)
- Tech-savvy (MS Office programs, social media, E-meeting platforms, electronic databases, etc…)
The function will start during the month of October 2022 and will last for 12 months, with an option for extension. Interested persons can send their CV and a cover letter with their salary expectations before the 27th of September 2022 to Mr. Samuël SERVAES (email@example.com).
OFFICE COORDINATOR, EDINBURGH
Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT - www.flandersinvestmentandtrade.com) is recruiting an Office Coordinator for its delegation in Edinburgh, Deputy to the Economic Representative of Flanders in London to join the UK team to start asap and ending 31/12/2023.
You will be based in our Edinburgh office.
You will be responsible for:
• Supervision of the general office administration
• Answering Brexit related enquiries for business development in the UK and setting up in Flanders
• Organising professional events to actively promote Flanders, its companies and attract inward investment in particular to mitigate the consequences of Brexit
• Building an extensive network with governmental and non-governmental institutions, companies and organizations with a view to minimising Brexit effects
• Keeping up to date on trade and industry trends, regulations (especially Brexit) as well as policy changes overall and for capitalising on their relevance for Flanders and its knowledge centres and companies.
• Collating information on developments in the regulations and practices with regards to Brexit and share your knowledge with colleagues in the UK and in HQ
• Sharing relevant information in Flanders.
• Working together with the Trade and Investment team London in searching business opportunities
• Reporting towards the Economic Representative of Flanders in London and the Brexit Coordinators in London and in Brussels
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and requirements:
• Master’s degree in a business-related subject, or a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years under contract at Flanders Investment & Trade
• Knowledge about international business and export and Brexit regulations in particular
• Knowledge of the UK, Flanders and European economies
• Demonstrable experience in business development
• Fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch would be beneficial to the role.
• Confident Microsoft Office user
• Familiar with CRM and Dynamics 365 in particular
• Excellent networking skills
• Ability to work well within a team in an international environment
• Overall flexible attitude
• Client-focused attitude
• Excellent analytical skills
• Sense of responsibility
• Involvement with the task, the organisation, and its mission
What we offer:
• An exciting position in a dynamic team with a focus on international business development
• Full-time contract under UK law
• Competitive annual salary
• 26 days annual leave and the local bank holidays
Want to apply ?
• Send your CV and motivation letter to Mr. Dirk Verlee, Economic Representative of Flanders, via firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Edinburgh Office Coordinator.
• Deadline: 15/09/2022 at 24:00 hrs (GMT).
1. CV and motivation letter prescreening
2. Case study and interview
3. Final interview
Candidates who reach the final round will be kept on a reserve recruitment list for two years