Receptionist/Telephone operator (m/f)
The Embassy of Belgium in London is hiring a customer friendly, full-time employee to join its locally hired consular team.
The initial contract will run for 12 months.
Application Deadline: 30.09.21
- Welcome the visitors and ask them about the purpose of their visit
- Provide initial information
- Receive or issue, if necessary, the basic documents
- Register the arrivals and departures of visitors and provide them with badges
- Direct/guide the visitors to the adequate rooms
- Process taxi courier requests
- Sign deliveries, warn and/or transmit them to the addressees
- Answer calls and ask about the purpose of the call
- Provide initial information by phone
- Transfer the calls to the persons concerned or, in case of an absence, to another employee
- Record a message accurately
- Update the telephone list of contacts of the post in Brussels, partner organisations, embassy staff, …)
- Switch on or off the telephone system or the answering machine
- Handling incoming & outgoing mail
Gross salary 2.260,00 £; London weighting £290, lunch allowance £66.
- Thorough knowledge of oral Dutch, French and English;
- Written knowledge of the Belgian national languages is considered a bonus;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and online meeting platforms;
- Previous experience considered a bonus;
- Candidates have to submit proof of (pre)settled status in the UK.
How to apply:
- Send your complete CV and a detailed motivation letter by email only to London@diplobel.fed.be
- Not later than 30.09.21
- Subject line: CANDIDACY Receptionist/Telephone operator
- The selection of the candidates will be done in a first phase on the basis of the submitted application file. The most suitable candidates will be invited for an interview on a date to be determined later.