Last updated on
New identity document & EU Settlement Scheme
If you have a status under the EU Settlement Scheme, you can add your new ID card on your UKVI account. You must always have a valid identity document linked to your status.
In order to do so, you will need the number of the identity document you used to make your application, so keep it handy!
How to get an eID?
- You must be registered with this Embassy.
- You must book an appointment via our online appointment system
- You must complete the application form either in Dutch (DOCX, 184.3 KB) or in French (DOCX, 170.75 KB) and bring it with you to your appointment.
- If you wish to receive the new identity card by post you should bring a stamped (1st or 2nd class) envelope addressed to yourself (for the compulsory transmission of the activation codes of your identity card) and a stamped Special Delivery envelope addressed to yourself for the transmission of your eID.
- if you wish to collect your new eID in person, you can do this every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 9h00 to 12h00 without an appointment. If you wish to collect it at another time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on eID requests:
- Your current/former eID will be shredded once your new eID is issued.
- The processing time to obtain a new identity card is around 6 weeks.
- An id-card costs £18, is valid for 10 years and is issued to adults and children over the age of 12 (the ID card is valid for 6 years for children between the age of 12 and 18).
- For information about a Kids-ID (identity card for children under the age of 12), please click here.
Activation of your eID:
- Your eID doesn't need to be activated to use it as a travel document.
- If you wish to securely identify yourself via the internet, on Belgian government platforms for example, please select this option on the application form.
- To activate your eID card, you can come every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 9 to 12 without an appointment. If you wish to come at another moment, please email email@example.com
- If you have received your eID and PIN & PUK code by the post, do not forget to bring them along.
- If you have your PIN & PUK codes, you can have your eID activated in any Belgian city. Contact the city administration in question to enquire about the process.
Request new PIN & PUK codes:
If you have lost your PIN & PUK code, you can request new ones here: https://www.ibz.rrn.fgov.be/fr/documents-didentite/eid/demande-dun-code-pin/