Home Address and opening hours
Address and opening hours
17, Grosvenor Crescent
London SW1X 7EE
+44 20 7470 3700 (Monday to Friday from 2pm to 5pm)
The most efficient way to get a prompt answer to your question is to contact the relevant department directly by email (see specific email address below).
For any questions regarding the Passenger Locator Form, the COVID-19 test and the quarantine obligation in Belgium, travelers should check the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/ and/or contact the FPS Public Health
- Their general information number when in Belgium: 0800 14 689
- From outside Belgium : +32 781 517 71
1 Population Department
To contact the Population department Monday to Friday between 2 pm-5 pm, please call +44 20 747 037 00
Update civil status:
By post only.
By post only.
2 Nationality & Notary
By appointment only
To assess whether the Consulate General can assist you to execute an act, you must always contact the competent service in advance at this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The service will then provide you with all the relevant information relating to your specific situation.
3 Visa Section
Access strictly by appointment only
Unfortunately the Embassy of Belgium in London is only equipped with an extremely small waiting room which severely restricts access to the Embassy. This is why access to the Embassy is strictly limited on appointment only to diplomats applying for visas in order to travel on official business (based on an official verbal note)
Diplomats and their families applying for Schengen visas for private travel are kindly invited to make use of our state of the art and comfortable (with a VIP section) Visa Application Center in London.
For private journeys of diplomats and their families (family visit, tourism) the handling fee is due even when travelling on a diplomatic passport.
Official journeys have to be confirmed with the traditional Verbal Note.
- For more specific information about visa, visit THE EMBASSY WEBSITE or the website of OUR EXTERNAL SERVICE PROVIDER
- For all visa enquiries (application process, processing times, appointments, documentation, ...) please contact TLScontact: Either by phone +44 (0) 2030400462 or via their contact form.
- The Embassy does not communicate information on visa applications over the phone.
- For all work related queries, please visit our Working in Belgium page.
- Contact us by email: email@example.com (if you have applied already, please supply: first name, family name, date of birth and passport number).
- For all Covid travel guidelines please refer to our home page
5 Press and Communication
NOT for information on passports, visas, nationality, ...
Public Holidays 2023
In 2023, the Embassy will be closed on the following public holidays:
2 January Monday New Year's Day (subsitute day)
7 April Friday Good Friday
10 April Monday Easter Monday
1 May Monday Early May bank holiday
8 May Monday Bank holiday in honour of the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
29 May Monday Spring bank holiday
28 August Monday Summer bank holiday
25 December Monday Christmas Day
26 December Tuesday Boxing Day