Home Address and opening hours
Address and opening hours
17, Grosvenor Crescent
London SW1X 7EE
+44 20 7470 3700
Our telephone lines are currently very busy. The recent announcements by the UK government regarding changes to COVID-19 travel regulations and the requirement for non-residents to have a passport for entry into the UK from 1 October has caused a surge in calls to the Embassy. We apologize for the inconvenience.
For any questions regarding the Passenger Locator Form, the COVID-19 test and the quarantine obligation in Belgium, travelers should check the website https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/ and/or contact the FPS Public Health
- Their general information number when in Belgium: 0800 14 689
- From outside Belgium : +32 781 517 71
1 Population Department
To contact the Population department Monday to Friday between 9 am-1 pm and 2 pm-5 pm , please call one of the following numbers:
004473 4151 4007; 004473 4151 7338; 004474 0789 6268; 004474 2302 1394
Update civil status:
By post only.
By post only.
2 Nationality & Notary
By appointment only
To assess whether the Consulate General can assist you to execute an act, you must always contact the competent service in advance at this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The service will then provide you with all the relevant information relating to your specific situation.
3 Visa Section
Access strictly by appointment only
Although the Embassy is open for business (strictly on appointment only) and the Consular Section is serving the public, one should understand that, with limited numbers of staff present on-site and important volumes of incoming applications, delays should be expected. We are doing the best we can to serve everyone as soon as possible, while also caring for the health and safety of our team members and visitors. Unfortunately the Embassy only disposes of an extremely small waiting room. As a result the few available appointment slots in the visa section of the Embassy are restricted to humanitarian cases.
We can only strongly advice to make use of our brand new state of the art and comfortable (with a VIP section) Visa Application Center in London.
For private journeys of diplomats and their families (family visit, tourism) the handling fee is due even when travelling on a diplomatic passport.
Official journeys have to be confirmed with the traditional Verbal Note.
- For more specific information about visa, visit THE EMBASSY WEBSITE or the website of OUR EXTERNAL SERVICE PROVIDER
- For all visa enquiries (application process, processing times, appointments, documentation, ...) please contact TLScontact: Either by phone +44 (0) 2030400462 or via their contact form.
- The Embassy does not communicate information on visa applications over the phone.
- For all work related queries, please visit our Working in Belgium page.
- Contact us by email: email@example.com (if you have applied already, please supply: first name, family name, date of birth and passport number).
- For all Covid travel guidelines please refer to our home page
5 Press and Communication
9am to 1pm & 2pm to 4pm
TEL: 020 7470 3735
FAX: 020 7470 3795
NOT for information on passports, visas, nationality, ...
Public Holidays 2021
In 2021 the Embassy will be closed on the following public holidays:
2 April Friday Good Friday
5 April Monday Easter Monday
3 May Monday Early May bank holiday
31 May Monday Spring bank holiday
30 August Monday Summer bank holiday
24 December Friday Christmas Eve
27 December Monday Christmas day (substitute day)
28 December Tuesday Boxing day (substitute day)