Consular Visit to Manchester - 21 & 22 March 2018
The Belgian Consulate General is organising a visit to Manchester in order to allow Belgian nationals wishing to apply for a new passport to have their biometric data taken.
You have to be registered with the Belgian Embassy to apply for a new passport.
The visit will take place on 21 and 22 March 2018 at the
Consulate General of Portugal
1 Portland Street,
Manchester M1 3BE
1. You need to book an appointment online to have your biometric data taken during the visit of the mobile kit.
2. The following should be sent to the Consulate General in London, f.a.o. Visit Mobile Kit Manchester, 17 Grosvenor Crescent, London SW1X 7EE:
- a duly completed and signed passport application (form to be downloaded here)
- your old passport or a copy (you may exchange it for your new passport on the day of your appointment)
- a postal order (no cheques, no cash) made out to “Embassy of Belgium”: GBP 75 (adults) or GBP 35 (minors). If you apply for several passports, one postal order suffices
- a prepaid self-addressed Special Delivery Envelope. One prepaid self-addressed special delivery envelope suffices if you apply for several passports. 2 passports = 100gr / more than 2 passports = 500gr.
Deadline for steps 1 to 2: Friday 9 March 2018.
For general information about passport applications and preregistration of biometric data, please consult our website.
Should you have further questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should mention in Subject: Visit Mobile Kit Manchester
Good to know
- Children younger than six years old are exempt from submitting their biometric data.
- Your current passport remains valid until its expiry date.
- If you hold a Belgian identity card you can travel to some 50 countries without the need of a passport. An identity card can be applied for by post as no biometric data are needed and is considerably cheaper than a passport (£20).