Biometric passports - Flying Kit comes to Edinburgh
If you need a new passport in the coming months and wish to have your biometric data taken in Edinburgh (rather than London) you can take advantage of the visit of a flying kit on Monday 10 April and Tuesday 11 April 2017 (only in the morning) at the Honorary Consulate in Edinburgh. Prior to the appointment date, you will need to send your passport application to the Embassy in London.
You may be aware that since 1 October 2011 you are required to apply in person at the Embassy for a new passport. This allows your biometric data (fingerprints, photograph and digital signature) to be taken in accordance with several European regulations regarding the security of the European passports.
1. You need to book an appointment online to have your biometric data taken during the visit of the flying kit.
2. The following should be sent to the Embassy of Belgium, Mission Mobile Kit Edinburgh, 17 Grosvenor Crescent, London SW1X 7EE:
- a duly completed, dated and signed application form either in Dutch or in French.
- your old passport
- postal order (no cheques, no cash) made out to “Embassy of Belgium”: £67.5 for a passport for adults - £31.5 for a passport for children
- a prepaid self-addressed Special Delivery Envelope
Deadline for steps 1 and 2: Monday 3 April 2017.
Children younger than six years old are exempt from submitting their biometric data.
Good to know
- Your current passport remains valid until its expiry date.
- If you hold a Belgian identity card you can travel to some 50 countries without the need of a passport. Every Belgian national, older than 12 and registered at the Embassy, must have a Belgian identity card. An identity card can be applied for by post as no biometric data are needed and is considerably cheaper than a passport.
- It is possible to have your biometric data taken at another Embassy or Consulate of Belgium. In that case, you first need to send your application form (without payment) to the Belgian Embassy in London. After verification of your application, we will authorize the Belgian representation of your choice to issue a passport. We will then inform you that you can make an appointment with the relevant mission.
- You can also submit a passport application at the Belgian provincial administration where you last resided.
For further information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.